On June 19, despite the heavy rain, about 20 NACA members and friends attended the NACA 2021-2022 Board of Directors election. Everyone enjoyed great food (catered by Farmers Basket), great conversations and camaraderie. NACA Chair Lani Wong and the current President Christina Liao provided a brief overview of NACA Activities Impact on the community in the past year, especially in the face of the COVID-19 challenges. Our special invited guest, Victoria Dorsey, Senior Director of Development at Georgia Perimeter College (GPC), provided an overview of some of its programs, and the potential of further partnership between NACA and GPC. NACA has a long-standing relationship with GPC and has supported GPC’s Nursing Program for many years. Li wong, the publisher of Georgia Asian Times, came to cover the election.
Each member then cast the ballot. Both the absentee and in-person ballots were counted and tallied by Jeannie Lin. Afterward, the newly elected President, Maggie Mers, made a brief speech to thank everyone and shared her commitment to lead NACA moving forward!
Congratulations again to all the newly elected 2021-2022 Board of Directors!
- JUDGE WONG ELECTED FIRST ASIAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT OF THE COUNCIL OF STATE COURT JUDGE
- NACA 2021-2022 Board of Directors Election
- NACA 2020 – May 2021 Activities Impact Report
- 2021-2022 NACA Board Annual Election
- Special Appearance by Sen. Raphael Warnock – Remembering Vincent Chin 39 Years Later: A Conversation on AAPI Hate, Past to Present