NACA Activity Impact Report
2020 – May 2021
2020 was a year of tremendous challenges for us all due to COVID-19. However, we have made significant contributions despite the difficulties due to the pandemic to further our Mission to Bridge Cultures, Build Leaders, and Benefit Communities. Thank you to our members, sponsors, and friends. We couldn’t have accomplished what we did in the past without your unwavering support and generosity.
Please see below an activity impact report for the past year and a half.
- Before the lockdown, we continued our decades-long efforts to provide various supports with funds to local communities. We were fortunate to host a live Chinese New Year Banquet in 2020, during which we distributed endowment funds to Georgia Tech’s Shenzhen China campus and Georgia Perimeter College Nursing Program, as well as funds to the Good Shepherd Services serving children of refugees.
- As the pandemic started to become more serious, we have raised funds from NACA members and sponsors, which enable us to have a significant positive impact on the COVID-19 relief efforts in our communities. Our efforts started in 2020 and have continued into 2021.
- Supported hospitals and frontline workers. Donate $5,000 to Mercy Care Atlanta. Deliver 75,000 surgical and N95 masks to various organizations, such as Emory Hospital, Grady Hospital, Saint Joseph Hospital, and Chamblee Police Department, to name a few.
- Donated $20,000 in total to Georgia State Students Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Donated $5,000 to the Atlanta Food Bank to help provide up to 20,000 meals, purchase additional food, and add special mobile pantries. Donate $2,5oo to Dresden Elementary School to help feed the food- insecured families of the school.
- Donated $2,500 to Los Vecinos de Buford Highway to help families through the Rental Assistance Program and food distribution.
- Donated $2,500 to Elaine Clark Center, a school that serves special needs kids from all over the metro area.
- Provided 5 needs-based scholarships totaling $18,500 to Georgia Tech.
- Mobilized and empowered Chinese American voters in the historic election year of 2020. As a 501(c) (3) nonprofit Chinese American organization, NACAconducted in a non-partisan manner for the “get-out-the-vote” drive in Presidential and Senatorial elections, increasing civic participation in the Chinese American community.
- Worked to initiate a resolution to recognize February 3, 2020, as China Day on the Georgia State Capitol.
- Co-hosted with Georgia Perimeter College a virtual mentoring program on Future Career Preparation, geared towards college students.
- Sponsor the cause of improving US-China relations. NACA proudly contributes $10,000 to fund the Carter Center Project of Seeking Common Ground between the United States and China: The Role of Civil Societies and NGOs.